Transforming Your Health Care
Henry Ford Health System is moving its health information to the most advanced electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system in partnership with Epic – one of America’s largest and most respected health information companies. Nearly 25 years ago, Henry Ford was one of the first to begin using electronic patient records to ensure the highest quality and safest patient care. Henry Ford’s new EMR builds upon what we have already accomplished to transform the way we provide care for our patients today, tomorrow and beyond.
One Patient. One Record.
As a patient, you will benefit from:
- Better coordinated care. Your most recent health history, lab work, allergies and medications are kept together in one place, making your health information available in the doctor’s office, hospital and in the emergency room, to ensure the best care.
- Care Everywhere: Your medical records follow you throughout the U.S. and are electronically accessible in other doctor offices, hospitals or health agencies using the Epic Care Everywhere feature. Epic is one of the most widely used medical record systems in the country and many health care providers are using the Care Everywhere feature, allowing the care team to access your information in a matter of seconds.
- Online test results. For routine doctor visits, view most lab and radiology results online as early as 24 hours after your appointment.*
- Online After Visit Summaries. After leaving the hospital, emergency room or your doctor’s office, you will have the ability to view your after visit summary and care instructions using MyChart.
- Safer prescriptions. Your prescriptions will continue to be ordered electronically, which prevents drug-to-drug or allergy interactions.
- Security and privacy. Your privacy rights are afforded to you under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Be assured that your Henry Ford medical records are protected and secure. You also have a right to obtain a copy of your medical records, which can now be done easily online.
*Lab and radiology tests done during a hospital stay will not be available on MyChart.
The implementation of the new EMR and billing system began on Dec.1, 2012 and will continue in phases over the next 18 months. We appreciate your patience as we make this transition.