Transforming Your Health Care
Henry Ford Health System is moving its health information to the most advanced electronic medical record (EMR) and billing system in partnership with Epic – one of America’s largest and most respected health information companies. Nearly 25 years ago, Henry Ford was one of the first to begin using electronic patient records to ensure the highest quality and safest patient care. Henry Ford’s new EMR builds upon what we have already accomplished to transform the way we provide care for our patients today, tomorrow and beyond.
One Patient. One Record.
As a patient, you will benefit from:
- Better coordinated care. Your most recent health history, lab work, allergies and medications are kept together in one place, making your health information available in the doctor’s office, hospital and in the emergency room, to assure the best care.
- Care Everywhere: medical records that go where you go. Your medical records can follow you throughout the U.S. and are electronically accessible in other doctor offices, hospitals or health agencies using Epic, even in another state. Epic is one of the most widely used medical record systems in the country and Care Everywhere will allow the care team to access your information in a matter of seconds.
- Online test results. In most cases, you can view your lab or test results online within 24 hours, instead of days or weeks later.
- Safer prescriptions. Your prescriptions will continue to be ordered electronically, which prevents drug-to-drug or allergy interactions.
- Security and privacy. The security of your Henry Ford medical record is assured under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). You also have a right to obtain a copy of your medical records, which can now be done easily online.
The implementation of the new EMR and billing system will roll out in phases over the next 18 months. We appreciate your patience as we make this transition.