We'll be off to the races on Saturday, May 3, 2014 starting at 5:30 p.m.
Formerly known as “Shoot for a Cure”, The Henry Ford Neuroscience Institute has made some exciting changes to its premier annual fundraising event.
The new Derby in the D (A Kentucky Derby Themed Event) is sure to be the talk of the town!
Proceeds from this year’s Derby in the D will benefit The Henry Ford Neuroscience Institute, one of the nation’s top centers for research and clinical trials in neurological diseases and trauma offering some of the most advanced therapies for ALS, Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors, epilepsy, movement disorders, spine disorders and stroke, as well as other neurological conditions.
The event will be held at:
MotorCity Casino Hotel
2901 Grand River Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
The schedule for the night will include:
- Cocktail Reception / Dinner / Dancing
- Broadcast of The 140th Kentucky Derby Race will be aired during Cocktail Hour
- Derby Raffle (during cocktail reception)
- Live & Silent Auction (during dinner and dancing)
- Live Entertainment by 50 Amp Fuse
- Panel of Judges will award Best Hat, Best Bow Tie, Best Dressed
- Discounted Hotel Room Rate for Night of Event
- Complimentary Valet and Self-Parking
Dress code for the event is Kentucky Derby Style -- so think big hats, bows ties, plaid and seersucker suits!
For additional information about this event contact: