Cancer Care for Women
|Barbara tells her personal story of
robotic cancer surgery
|Susan's 9 year ovarian cancer
At Henry Ford Health System, our gynecologic oncology team is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in women. We strive to treat your cancer in the least invasive way possible, with positive outcomes as the result. Each year we treat nearly 400 women who have been diagnosed with cancers of the female reproductive system, including:
We offer a full range of advanced gynecologic cancer treatments and therapies, including:
- Colposcopy with biopsies, LEEP procedures and cone biopsies
- Complex/radical gynecologic and pelvic surgeries
- Diagnosis and treatment of all stages of gynecologic cancers
- Innovative chemotherapy treatment, including intraperitoneal (IP) therapy
- Laser therapy for pre-invasive lesions of the genital tract
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Screening for ovarian cancer, including genetic testing
- Screening for cervical cancer
In addition, our patients have access to ongoing, cutting-edge gynecologic oncology clinical trial therapies for ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer.
Your Own Team of Gynecologic Cancer Experts
At Henry Ford, you'll have your own dedicated gynecologic oncology team every step of the way. This team -- which may include gynecologic, medical, and radiation oncologists, pathologists, a nurse practitioner, a nurse coordinator, a research nurse, and a genetic counselor -- meets weekly during our Tumor Board to review your case and discuss the best course of treatment.
Gynecologic Oncology Research Leaders
From clinical trials to lab experimentation, Henry Ford gynecologic oncologists continually search for new, advanced methods in gynecologic cancer diagnostics and treatment. With invasive surgery as a last resort, our focus is on prevention and treatment of gynecologic cancer and advancing your quality of life.
Our gynecologic oncology research is focused on:
- Biomarkers in gynecologic cancers
- Chemotherapy in ovarian cancer and cervical cancer
- Human Papillomavirus
- Quality-of-life in gynecologic cancer care
- Treatment of invasive cervical cancer
Make an Appointment with a gynecologic cancer expert or call 1-800-HENRYFORD (800-436-7936) for more information.