Henry Ford Macomb Hospital Rehabilitation Services offers a variety of clinical internships for students currently enrolled in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Physical Therapist Assistant and Occupational Therapy Assistant Programs. Clinical Internships may include Out Patient, In Patient Acute Care and In Patient Rehabilitation Care. Please check with your school advisor to see if an active agreement has been signed with Henry Ford Macomb.
For those students whose request for clinical internship has been approved, we ask that you follow the instructions below so that that you can begin active involvement on your first day in the clinic.
Please read through the attachments below and complete the appropriate quizzes/documents prior to your arrival at the clinic. If you are unable to access these documents you will be able to complete them in the clinic upon your arrival. If you have not yet received an e-mail or phone call from your CI, please contact the site supervisor at the location you will be going to so as to receive further instructions.
- Orientation for Students PowerPoint presentation – read this first.
- HFHS Code of Conduct – please read
- Student Orientation Quiz and Infection Control Quiz – print copies, complete and bring with you on your first day.
- HFMH Clinical Experience Participation Agreement and Confidentiality Agreement – print off copies, complete and bring with you.
- Dress Code, Abbreviations and Parking instructions – please read
- Patient Privacy, Security and National Patient Safety Goals – please read
In addition to completing items 3 and 4, you will also need to bring with you copies of the following:
- Annual TB Test
- Annual Flu Vaccination (we may be able to assist you in obtaining this through our Employee Health Department if needed).
We hope that your clinical experience with Henry Ford will be educational and rewarding.