Hospice for Children
What is Kaleidoscope Kids?
Kaleidoscope Kids is a specialized program providing care to children with life-limiting illnesses and support to their families. These services are provided through the Henry Ford Hospice.
Kaleidoscope Kids Team
- Skilled Pediatric Registered Nurse
- Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Medicine Pediatrician
- Social Worker
- Home Health Aide.
When Can Patients Benefit From Kaleidoscope Kids Services?
- Unborn or newborn infants have life-limiting conditions.
- Decline in the child's condition is evident.
- Usual treatment methods are no longer effective or are increasingly burdensome.
- Disease processes or treatments have uncertain outcomes.
- A shortened life expectancy is likely.
- All treatment options have been exhausted.
Who Can Refer a Patient?
A child can be referred by anyone: physician, nurse, family, clergy, social worker or friend. Call direct at (313) 337-7600 or the office nearest you.
Back to Home