Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital, Oakland County’s leader in prenatal care, offers a complete suite of birthing services, including:
- Pregnancy testing
- Birth planning
- Health education
- Genetic counseling
- Nutrition counseling by registered dietitians
- On-site wellness and spa services for expecting parents
Birthing Center Services Highlights
Highlights of our labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum (LDRP) rooms and Birthing Center services include:
- Fifteen LDRP privacy rooms with the option to have a hydrotherapy tub to help ease labor and special sinks in each room for baby’s first bath and to help new parents learn how to bathe their babies. Patients check in to their assigned room, give birth and stay there until they go home. Babies stay in the room with their mothers unless they require care in the Newborn Special Care Unit. Rooming in is a great bonding experience for both baby and parents. In addition, family is always welcome and dads, a relative or a friend can stay overnight.
- Two Caesarean section (C-section) rooms. Moms who have C-sections will stay postpartum in either an LDRP or in the Women’s Health Unit.
- Anesthesiology services are available 24 hours a day for epidurals or any other necessary procedures.
- In addition to our obstetricians, certified midwives are available to help during labor and delivery.
- The Birthing Center unit has the only physician who is board-certified in both obstetrics/gynecology and reproductive genetics in Southeast Michigan.
- The labor and delivery unit includes an infant procedure room and a well-baby nursery.
- A nearby Newborn Special Care Unit, which is staffed by board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners, provides a peaceful and dimly lit transition for premature and high-risk infants. Rooms are private and each comes with a sofa bed for a parent to spend the night.
- Lactation consultants and specially trained nurses are available to help support breastfeeding.
- For security, all infants wear special security monitors that will sound alarms if they approach the doors of the unit.
Complementary Birthing Center Services at Vita Wellness Center
Vita Wellness Center’s new program, Vita Mom, is designed specifically for moms and offers a variety of safe and effective treatments to help ease the discomforts of pregnancy and to help restore and renew the body's pre-pregnancy form. Services include Mommy-to-Be Massage, Postpartum Revitalizer, Swollen Legs Soother, Glow Mama and a variety of other treatments. Learn more about Vita Mom and the treatments they offer.
Find a doctor who specializes in obstetrics.