By participating in the Challenge and submitting a Submission, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by the Official Rules set forth in this Appendix A and the decisions of HFHS and/or the individual judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All Submissions must not be currently or previously in the product development process with the Henry Ford Health System. All Entrants will be required to submit the following materials via the Challenge Website:
- Company Name
- Names, positions, contact information & key accomplishments of team members
- One-page document briefly answering the following essay prompts. Please address below questions in 250 words or less (each):
- Please describe how your intervention or solution can improve or support engagement between a given patient and caregivers.
- Please describe any clinical use or patient engagement that you have enacted to date.
- Clarify when your intervention/solution is enacted with regard to a patient (e.g., at time of discharge, at offsite visit, etc.)
- 10-slide deck explaining the proposed idea and/or solution. Potential content may include information about:
- Problem description
- Product features
- Target users
- Example use cases
- Product development plan
- Marketing plan
- Business model
- Mockups, drawings, videos, patents, or prototype (optional
Five (5) Semi-Finalists will be selected from all eligible entries. Each Semi-Finalist will have the opportunity to pitch their Submission via videoconference to a panel of judges selected by Henry Ford Health System representing diverse backgrounds including healthcare, venture capital and product commercialization. The pitches will consist of:
- 20 minute video pitch
- 10 minutes of Questions &Answers from the panel of judges
Submissions and pitches will be scored according to a number of qualitative and quantitative criteria to select one or more winners.