Be Prepared: Substance Abuse Education Classes for Parents and Teens
Preparing your child for high school or college life can be stressful. This interactive class will educate parents and teens ages 13-18 about the reality of today’s teen alcohol and drug use and discuss how to handle issues or concerns. This candid session is designed to provide valuable information and prevention strategies for both parents and teens before there is a serious problem.
Please note: March 16 class is full. Spots are still available in the June 1 class.
- Gain an understanding of today’s drug and alcohol climate
- Learn about behaviors that lead to addition and how to spot the warning signs
- Understand how addiction affects the user and the family
- Learn what to do if faced with a substance abuse issue
- Understand addiction treatment options
Registration for this class closes on June 1, 2019. A minimum number of seven registered teen participants is required.