- University of Michigan, Biostatistics, MI, 2009
- Western Michigan University, Biostatistics, MI, 2001
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
As a biostatistician, it is my vision to see questions of medical significance answered through the integration of data and science. To achieve this I have focused my career on collaborative projects and on making data accessible to all researchers. My collaborative work includes molecular and clinical studies of cancer and chronic disease. As a research member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute and the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center. I work with oncologists, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, and basic scientists to study glioma, meningioma, and other tumors of the brain.
With women's health we study ovarian cancer treatment and molecular aspects of disease progression. For otolaryngology (Head and Neck cancers) we are developing patient centered research projects focusing on patient outcomes and survivorship. Beyond cancer, I work with neurology researchers to identify molecular markers to monitor multiple sclerosis (MS) and x-linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). In all studies, I strongly believe in sharing data through repositories and open source projects. Yet, I also aim to make analysis of these data accessible through statistical education for non-statisticians and by partnering with clinical researchers through the Center for Bioinformatics.
Contact: [email protected]
- The integration of molecular and clinical data to understand the progression and treatment of cancer and chronic disease
- Teaching principles of statistics and study design to health scientists
Awards and Honors:
- 2017 Early Investigator Award, Henry Ford Health System 14th Annual Research Day
- 2016 Henry Ford Cancer Institute Hartman Funding Program “Near-Miss” Initiative
- 2015 Oral presentation awarded, Fourth Annual TCGA Research Symposium, Bethesda, MD
- 2014 Invited speaker, Henry Ford Health System Henry Ford Cancer Institute Grand Rounds
- 2013 Oral presentation awarded, Henry Ford Health System 10th Annual Research Day
1 Ford Place Public Health Sciences
- Henry Ford Hospital