- American Board of Surgery - Transplant Surgery
- University of Connecticut, CT, 1991
Residencies & Internships
- University of Chicago Medical Center, General Surgery, IL, 1998
- University of Chicago Medical Center, Transplant Surgery, IL, 2000
- Children's Hospital, Research, MA, 1995
I specialize in adult and pediatric liver transplantation, hepatobiliary surgery, surgery for portal hypertension, pancreas transplantation, kidney transplantation, including laparoscopic living donor transplants. My research specialty includes transplantation and angiogenesis and robotic assisted kidney transplantation.
I earned my medical degree from the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. I went on to complete my post-graduate training at the University of Chicago Hospitals in General Surgery, Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgery. I am board certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Awards and Honors
- 2nd Annual Charles Huggins Research Conference, University of Chicago, Department of Surgery, Most outstanding Housestaff Laboratory Research Presentation, 1995
- American College of Surgeons, Department of Surgery Award, Connecticut Chapter University of CT School of Medicine, 1991
- Sigma XI, Haverford College/Bryn Mawr Chapter, 1987
- American Heart Association Research Fellowship, 1984