- American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease
- Wayne State University, MI, 2002
Residencies & Internships
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Internal Medicine, NY, 2005
- Henry Ford Hospital, Pulmonary Medicine, MI, 2008
Director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Program and critical care medicine
I believe in a patient-centered approach to health and wellness. I believe in joint decision making that is holistic, taking into account the whole patient.
My research focuses on exercise for Pulmonary Hypertension (PH), PH in liver disease and transplant, and improving communication in health care.
Awards and Honors
Dr. Awdish has received the Tom Lantos Grant Pulmonary Hypertension Association Community Service Award, and the Speak Up Hero Award.