- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
- University of North Texas Helath Science Center, Research Associate, TX, 2007
- University of North Texas Helath Science Center, Research Associate, TX, 2006
- NHL Municipal Medical College, 2005
Residencies & Internships
- Wayne State University, Psychiatry, MI, 2011
- Wayne State University, Child & Adol. Psych., MI, 2013
- Director of Psychiatric Education, Henry Ford Hospital
- Director of Residency Training, Department of Psychiatry
I am an advocate of the collaborative care model and believe, just as it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a treatment team comprised of competent and compassionate providers to heal patients with mental illness.
Dr. Prabhakar is the director of Psychiatric Education for Henry Ford Behavioral Health Services. He also directs the general psychiatry residency programs at Henry Ford Hospital and Wayne State University.
He is a fellow of the American Psychiatric Association. He is certified in child, adolescent, and general adult psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He has a clinical interest in sports psychiatry and is certified by the National Football League (NFL) for psychiatric evaluations in professional football players.
- Suicide prevention
- Psychiatric education
- Physician distress
Awards and Honors:
- Mentor of the Year, Psychiatry Residency Training Program. Henry Ford Hospital/ Wayne State University, 2015, 2014
- Laughlin Fellowship Award, The American College of Psychiatrists, 2013
- George Ginsberg, MD Fellowship Award, American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training, 2012
- Brain Scholar, American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training, 2011
- PRITE® Fellowship Award, The American College of Psychiatrists, 2010