Research and Clinical Trials | Hemophilia and Thrombosis Treatment Center
Our team participates in national and international research studies, and we run clinical trials here at Henry Ford – all to better understand bleeding and clotting disorders and the best treatments for our patients.
Blood disorders research at Henry Ford
Our team is involved in current research on:
- Epidemiology – or the cause, development and effects of bleeding disorders
- New treatment therapies
- Pain management and a variety of pain treatments
Blood disorders clinical trials at Henry Ford
Clinical trials often lead to new treatments that help improve quality of life or minimize life-threatening risks. At Henry Ford, your participation in our clinical trials:
- May give you access to experimental treatments
- Helps us make new discoveries that can benefit many people with blood diseases
Hemophilia research survey
We are looking at how to improve quality of life for people with hemophilia by working with the Social Work Program at Oakland University in Rochester, MI, on the "Resilience and Quality of Life in Individuals with Hemophilia Survey."
We invite you to participate in this research survey if you:
- Have hemophilia and
- Are being treated at a Hemophilia Treatment Center or have contact with one of the Hemophilia chapter affiliates in the United States
If you qualify, please take the survey.
Once you open the survey, there is no penalty if you decide not to participate. For questions about the hemophilia research study, contact our staff social worker, Ellen Kachalsky at (313) 916-0470.