Service available Handling of animals, handling of radioactive materials, preparation of animals for imaging, image acquisition, and image storing and analysis.
Approved Radioisotopes In-111, Tc-99m, Tl-201, I-123. All the usable radioisotopes for SPECT can also be approved.
- In-111-oxine labeling of cells and determination of biodistribution
- Tl-201 scan for myocardium and tumor imaging
- I-123-BMIPP to determine fatty acid metabolism in heart
- I-123-MIBG to determine distribution of adrenergic tissues in myocardium and in tumors.
Approved Radiopharmaceuticals (Tc-99m based, FDA approved):
- Tc-99m-ECD: for brain perfusion and scan. It is used in STROKE and TIA
- Tc-99m-Ceretec: for brain perfusion and scan. It is used in STROKE and TIA
- Tc-99m-Ceretec: for WBC labeling to detect hidden infection
- Tc-99m-MAA: for lung perfusion and scan
- Tc-99m-choletec: for liver and gall bladder scans
- Tc-99m-sulfur colloid: for liver, LN, and RES scans
- Tc-99m-MDP: for bone scan to detect metastasis and other bone disorder
- Tc-99m-HDP: for bone scan to detect metastasis and other bone disorder
- Tc-99m-MAG3: for Kidney scan and dynamic studies
- Tc-99m-DTPA: for Kidney scan, dynamic studies, measurement of GFR
- Tc-99m-DMSA: for Kidney parenchyma scan
- Tc-99m-pyrophosphate: for RBC labeling and myocardial infarct size determination
- Tc-99m-MIBI: for myocardial perfusion. It can also be used for cancer imaging and determination metastasis from breast cancer
- Tc-99m-myoview (tetrofosmin): for myocardial perfusion. It can also be used for cancer imaging and determination metastasis from breast and other cancers
High resolution (10-25 micron) CT images for bone and lungs.
BLI, FLI, X-ray
Fluorescent, bioluminescent and X-ray images can be obtained from different animal models using differ compatible contrast agents. FLI can be obtained using 29 excitation filters and 6 emission filters (from 535 to 830 nm).
Chemistry Lab Service
Service will also be available with proper compensation for tagging different peptides and ligands with contrast agents for BLI, FLI, SPECT, and CT. Tc-99m-HYNIC is prepared in CMIL for any receptor-ligand interaction, peptide for protein-protein interaction or any new ideas.
Transduction of cell and making of transgenic cell lines
With proper compensation different viral and plasmid vectors can be produced. Different transgenic cell lines can be produced.
2013 Price List
|SPECT-CT||$63.00 Per Hour|
|Image analysis||$25.00 Per Hour|
|Peptides and contrast agent for BLI or FLI should be provided by PI||No Cost|
|Tagging peptides and ligands with contrast agents for FLI||$30.00 Per Hour|
|Radioisotopes and radiopharmaceuticals|
|Should be provided by the PI||No Cost|
|CMIL can provide (purchase price, shipment, and disposal)||At Cost|
|BLI, FLI, X-ray|
|PI should acquire the images and complete the analysis||No Cost|
|CMIL can provide the analysis service||$26.00 Per Hour|
Contact the Department of Radiology
Phone: (313) 874-4479
Fax: (313) 874-4494