DETROIT – Donald M. Ditmars, Jr., M.D., long-time plastic surgeon at Henry Ford Hospital, has been awarded the Fred W. Whitehouse Distinguished Service Award by the Henry Ford Medical Group.
To be honored with the award, a physician with the Henry Ford Medical Group:
- must have exemplary clinical practice and/or clinical research;
- contribute significantly to teaching;
- earn a national reputation in his field;
- represent distinguished principles of professionalism, and
- provide service on medical group committees.
The award is named after Dr. Whitehouse, a long-time physician at Henry Ford Hospital, who is nationally recognized for his substantial contributions to the understanding of diabetes.
The award was presented to Dr. Ditmars at the Annual Medical Group Dinner.
Dr. Ditmars is a member of and former Division Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital. He has been with Henry Ford for 50 years.
Dr. Ditmars graduated from Cornell University Medical College in New York City in 1960 and did his residency in general and plastic surgery at Henry Ford Hospital