FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DETROIT – Henry Ford Health System was selected as a top performing workforce by Gallup.
Henry Ford received the 2013 Gallup Great Workplace Award, an annual award that recognizes companies that create an engaged workplace culture. A panel of workplace experts evaluates organizations for their best practices and improved business results achieved through building an engaged workforce and evaluate them against criteria of workplace research database comprising millions of work teams in more than 100 countries.
“Henry Ford’s greatest strength is our people,” says Henry Ford CEO Nancy Schlichting. “The culture we have created with our workforce has resulted in a unique energy, risk-taking and can-do-spirit this is the foundation of Henry Ford Health System.”
To be considered, organizations submit an application that includes a best-practices portfolio with:
- A one-page description that explains how the organization has linked employee engagement to business outcomes. Actual analysis is required.
- A strategic plan that highlights building employee engagement.
- Concrete examples of initiatives that were created or used to enhance employee engagement.
- Evidence of dedication at the workgroup level to driving employee engagement.
- An example of how engaged employees have a made a difference with customers.
Henry Ford Health System, one of the country's largest and most comprehensive integrated health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, seven hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network, a $70 million annual research budget and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. In 2011, Henry Ford provided more than $200 million in uncompensated care. The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,000 employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com.