Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- Wayne State University, MI, 2006
- University of Michigan, Internal Medicine, MI, 2010
- Henry Ford Hospital, Cardiac Imaging, MI, 2014
- Henry Ford Hospital, Cardiology, MI, 2013
Dr. Dee Dee Wang is an internationally recognized leader in the field of Structural Heart Imaging and lectures around the world on peri-procedural planning for complex valvular and structural heart disease. She has authored over 150 abstracts and publications in the world's leading medical journals, and co-authored multiple imaging consensus guidance statements for Structural Heart Imaging.
Dr. Wang has been working on peri-procedural planning for transcatheter mitral valve replacement therapies and pioneered the development of a left ventricular outflow tract prediction modeling tool used by health systems around the world to identify patients who may be suitable anatomical candidates for transcatheter mitral valve replacement interventions. She has also developed the pathway for integrating multi-detector CT to optimize patient outcomes in left atrial appendage closure procedures. These initiatives have been proven to increase delivery of personalized patient-centric care, improved patient procedural success rates and minimize procedural complications.
- Director, Structural Heart Imaging;
- Medical Director of 3D Printing, Henry Ford Innovations Institute
- Fellowship Program Director, Structural Heart Interventional Imaging
Dr. Wang’s research interests are focused on advancing patient safety and procedural outcomes utilizing 3D+4D imaging for Structural Heart Interventions.
Awards & Honors
- Co-Chair, American College of Cardiology Structural Heart Work Group (2019)
- 1st Interventional Imaging Physician inducted as a Fellow of the Society of Coronary Angiography and Interventions (2019)
- Crain’s Notable Women in Healthcare Award (2018)
- American College of Cardiology Emerging Faculty (2017)
- Subspecialty Teaching Physician of the Year Award (2016)
Videos and Articles
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital