California Quinoa Salad
Give your salad a west-coast inspired flair with this recipe from the 2015 Men Who Cook event.
- 2 cups mixed quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 3 diced fresh mangos
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium to large red pepper, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 – 1 cup unsalted, dry-toasted slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 2-3 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- Juice of 4-5 limes
- 3 – 4 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Rinse quinoa well, cook as directed.
- Fluff quinoa well when done, spread out and let cool.
- Add all other ingredients and toss.
- Enjoy cold!!
Check out other Live Well recipes from Men Who Cook 2015: Soylent Green Crackers & Dip, Henry's Royal Heirloom Salad, Hearty Fruit and Oat Smoothie, and Chicken Shahi Korma.