12-step programs are an essential community support in the lives of individuals recovering from chemical dependency and their families. At Henry Ford Maplegrove Center, the home for addiction treatment at Henry Ford Behavioral health Services, we help patients find the 12-step program that works for them.
Addiction treatment: The importance of 12-Step programs
For the past 75 years, 12-Step programs have successfully provided daily, structured meetings and mutual support to help people achieve and maintain sobriety. “Sobriety” describes living a quality life without the negative effects of addiction. 12-step programs help individuals recover from alcoholism, drug dependency and other addictive behaviors. They are part of our three-phrase approach to addiction treatment:
- Interruption. Stopping the cycle of addiction and establishing abstinence
- Rehabilitation. Facilitating education and therapy so the patient recognizes and accepts the addiction, as well as beginning daily routines of recovery.
- Recovery. Implementing ongoing support, including counseling and 12-step meetings, to promote stability and long-term wellbeing.
Addiction treatment & 12-Step programs
The addiction specialists at Maplegrove Center help each patient connect with this important resource by:
- Integrating 12-step program instruction into the treatment plan
- Providing our facility as a resource for weekly 12-step meetings and activities
We invite former patients of Maplegrove to attend these meetings. They provide messages of hope and sound advice to current patients and their families who are beginning their recovery journey. Meet the Maplegrove team.
12-Step programs: Important resources
For more information, including meeting locations, we encourage you visit these sites: