What is GI Radiology?
GI (gastrointestinal) radiology includes imaging of the digestive tract.
GI tests we offer
The GI tests we offer include:
- Barium enema, an exam that helps us detect colon and rectal cancer, blockages, polyps, or other problems
- Defecography, which helps us study the function of the rectum during defecation
- Esophagram and barium swallow, which helps us detect upper digestive tract problems, like ulcers, and some digestive cancers
- Modified barium swallow, a test we use to evaluate swallowing function, which can be damaged by a stroke or swallowing disorder
- Small bowel series, which helps us detect problems in the upper digestive tract, like blockages, tumors, and other conditions
- Upper GI series, which helps us find ulcers, tumors, and other conditions
- Sniff test, which helps us evaluate diaphragm function as part of lung care
- Intravenous pyelogram, in which we take X-ray images to find kidney stones and other problems within the urinary tract
- Voiding cystogram, which is imagine of the bladder before and during urination