Soft Tissue Mass Ultrasound
Soft Tissue Mass Ultrasound is an exam that evaluates palpable superficial nodules with sound waves. It can assist in diagnosing problems, such as cysts or lipomas.
- You will lie on an exam table with the area of concern exposed.
- A non-greasy gel will be applied to your skin during the exam.
- The sonographer will use a hand-held transducer (probe) against your skin to obtain images of the palpable nodule.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment with a prescription if your doctor has given one to you.
- Let the technologist know:
- If you have had any previous surgery.
- If you take any medication.