Interventional Pulmonary Center and Bronchostomy Suite
Interventional pulmonology and you
Founded in 1982, our interventional pulmonology (IP) program is one of the most experienced in the U.S. We offer patients advanced diagnostic procedures and numerous options for managing lung and pulmonary conditions. The goal of our IP program is to partner with physicians in the evaluation and management of chest and airway conditions. Services the IP program assists with include:
- Evaluation and treatment of malignant and benign pulmonary diseases.
- Complete lymph node staging for lung cancer patients, diagnostics on small peripheral nodules or a combination of both at one visit when applicable.
- Aggressive management of endobronchial tumor growth as well as extrinsic airway compression.
- Comprehensive management of tracheal stenosis, tracheobronchomalacia, tracheoesophageal fistulas, airway papillomas and post-surgical bronchopleural fistulas.
- Single and bilateral whole lung lavage for pulmonary alveolar proteinosis.
Henry Ford’s bronchoscopy suite provides state-of-the-art technology and experienced interventional pulmonologists who are dedicated to performing highly complex diagnostic and multidisciplinary treatment programs for lung cancer, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis and other lung diseases.