While many of us set big goals for ourselves around health, fitness and well-being, research shows nearly 80 percent of us fail to see them...
Do you use your medicine properly?
Sometimes it can be hard to take medicine the right way. Taking medicine properly is important to keep you healthy.
Staying Safe with Your Medicine
Here are some tips to help you stay safe with your medicines at home:
- Keep a list of your medicine and how you take it. Here is a list for you to keep track of your medicine.
- Tell the doctor what medicine, vitamins and natural products you are buying from the pharmacy.
- Tell the doctor about any infusions you might receive in a clinic.
- Store your medicine away from children.
- Protect your medicine from light.
- Bring your medicine with you to the doctor’s office.
- If your doctor gives you a new medicine, ask if it is okay to take it with your other medicine.
- Know what foods to avoid while taking your medicine.
- Call the pharmacy for your refill BEFORE you run out of medicine.
- Tell the pharmacist about all the medicines, vitamins and natural products you take.
- If you have trouble finding a pharmacy to fill your specialty medicine, contact Pharmacy Advantage or by phone (800) 456–2112.
Before You Start a New Medicine
Before you start taking a new medicine, make sure you know:
- The name of the new medicine
- Why you need to take it
- How long you need to take it
- The proper way to take it
- How to store it
- What to do if you miss a dose
- If it interacts with other medicines you take
Then, add the medicine to your medicine list!
Your pharmacist might be able to help you.
Get answers to the most frequently asked questions. It is very important that you talk to your pharmacist.