Why choose the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center?
The Hermelin Brain Tumor Center at Henry Ford has long been a national leader in research and advanced brain tumor therapies. Our mission is to provide new hope, and to turn brain tumors into a chronic, controllable disease.
For more than a decade, the Hermelin Brain Tumor Center has offered hope to thousands of brain tumor patients. When routine treatment fails, patients and doctors turn to us.
- One of only 15 brain tumor centers nationwide - and the only center from Michigan - participating in the National Cancer Institute's Adult Brain Tumor Consortium to provide the most advanced care to patients in the United States
- Advanced surgical options including the first high-field intraoperative MRI in Michigan for the most complete tumor removal possible
- Advanced techniques to retain function with tumors in vital brain regions
- A leading center for advanced clinical trials with more than $30 million in research funding the past 10 years and more than 40 percent of patients enrolled
- Developer of the National Guidelines for treatment of metastatic brain tumors, which have been adopted by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, with a specialized center for cancer that has spread to the brain or spine
- Focused on improving quality of life issues and providing support and hope to patients
- Patients can freeze their tissue to do future analysis
- Access to intra-operative MRI to get gross total resection
- Do genetic analysis on each of our patients to personalize their treatment
- Offer personalized trials based on individual make up of the tumor
- Have dedicated brain tumor nurses to address the personal needs of each of our patients
- Are committed to working with outside providers
Call (313) 916-2723 or click here to schedule an appointment within 24 business hours.