Discover hundreds of clinical trials for virtually all types of cancer
Personalized Brain Tumor Treatment Plans
If you have been diagnosed with brain cancer or need a second opinion, you want the best brain tumor treatment. Hermelin Brain Tumor Center experts stay one step ahead, offering advanced surgical techniques and aggressive postoperative brain tumor treatments as well as participation in clinical trials that are found in only a few centers in the country.
Weekly brain tumor board
Every brain tumor case is unique, presenting its own treatment challenges. For example, you may have a metastatic tumor that has spread from another area of the body, your tumor may be highly aggressive, or it may be located deep in the brain or near a center that controls one of your basic senses. In order to ensure we are providing the most effective care that is tailored to your individual treatment needs -- while ensuring your highest possible quality of life -- your case will be reviewed by our brain tumor board.
This weekly multidisciplinary conference is one of the busiest brain tumor boards in the nation and includes multiple medical professionals from different specialties, including:
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Clinical Trials coordinators
Our brain tumor board specialists review the results from any imaging or other diagnostic tests, any prior and current therapies and your current medical state, then discuss the best possible brain tumor treatment options.
Personalized brain tumor treatment plans
After the brain tumor board’s review, your care team will meet with you to discuss the board’s recommendations and develop a personalized brain tumor treatment plan that meets the needs of you and your family. If you have been referred to Henry Ford, we also partner with your referring physician to develop a shared brain tumor treatment plan. Depending on your individual case, your treatment could include:
- Surgery: Our brain surgeons are experts in the latest techniques and are national leaders in the use of technologies that make surgery safer, such as intraoperative MRI.
- Radiation therapy: We offer the most advanced methods, including 3-D conformal radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Chemotherapy: Including novel techniques with delivery methods designed to minimize toxicity.
- Metastatic treatment: We offer a dedicated metastatic brain cancer program and led the development of comprehensive national guidelines for treatment of this challenging disease.
- Clinical trials: You may be eligible to participate in one of our leading-edge clinical trials investigating the latest brain tumor treatment options.
At our center, we offer entire case management throughout your brain tumor treatment. We also offer partial case management -- for example, if you have had surgery elsewhere and just need postoperative care. Our team also works closely with Henry Ford Medical Group physicians in other departments, providing multidisciplinary, coordinated care for each individual patient and their family.
Coordinated, compassionate brain tumor treatment
Thanks to treatment advances, life with a brain tumor is now more hopeful, with many brain cancer patients measuring their survival in years. At our center:
- Every effort is made to select the most promising therapy with minimal side effects, so you can achieve the highest quality of life.
- We offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach with superior access and convenience, including scheduling same-day MRIs.
- We offer continuous symptom and quality of life assessment with referrals to behavioral health, social work, palliative care as needed.
- We offer guaranteed brain tumor consultations with a neurosurgeon or neuro-oncologist within 24 business hours.
- All clinical treatment is provided onsite at the center or one of our satellite facilities.