Personalized brain tumor treatment plans
After the brain tumor board’s review, your care team will meet with you to discuss the board’s recommendations and develop a personalized brain tumor treatment plan that meets the needs of you and your family. If you have been referred to Henry Ford, we also partner with your referring physician to develop a shared brain tumor treatment plan. Depending on your individual case, your treatment could include:
- Surgery: Our brain surgeons are experts in the latest techniques and are national leaders in the use of technologies that make surgery safer, such as intraoperative MRI.
- Radiation therapy: We offer the most advanced methods, including 3-D conformal radiation therapy and stereotactic radiosurgery.
- Chemotherapy: Including novel techniques with delivery methods designed to minimize toxicity.
- Metastatic treatment: We offer a dedicated metastatic brain cancer program and led the development of comprehensive national guidelines for treatment of this challenging disease.
- Clinical trials: You may be eligible to participate in one of our leading-edge clinical trials investigating the latest brain tumor treatment options.
At our center, we offer entire case management throughout your brain tumor treatment. We also offer partial case management -- for example, if you have had surgery elsewhere and just need postoperative care. Our team also works closely with Henry Ford Medical Group physicians in other departments, providing multidisciplinary, coordinated care for each individual patient and their family.
Coordinated, compassionate brain tumor treatment
Thanks to treatment advances, life with a brain tumor is now more hopeful, with many brain cancer patients measuring their survival in years. At our center:
- Every effort is made to select the most promising therapy with minimal side effects, so you can achieve the highest quality of life.
- We offer a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach with superior access and convenience, including scheduling same-day MRIs.
- We offer continuous symptom and quality of life assessment with referrals to behavioral health, social work, palliative care as needed.
- We offer guaranteed brain tumor consultations with a neurosurgeon or neuro-oncologist within 24 business hours.
- All clinical treatment is provided onsite at the center or one of our satellite facilities.