Henry Ford Medical Group
The Henry Ford Medical Group is one of the nation’s largest and most experienced group practices, with 1,900 physicians and researchers in more than 40 specialties.
A heritage of excellence
Founded in 1915 after consultations with physicians at Johns Hopkins Hospital and the Mayo Clinic, the Henry Ford Medical Group has established itself as one of the premier group practices in the nation. For more than 100 years, the Henry Ford Medical Group has fostered innovation and advancement in patient care, education and research while encouraging improvement in technology and patient care processes. The Henry Ford Medical Group has established itself as a leader in healthcare by excelling in three key areas:
- Clinical care: Ranked in the 99th percentile of all group practices.
- Education: We are one of the largest post-graduate medical education enterprises in the country -- one-third of all physicians in Michigan receive training at Henry Ford.
- Research: We are in the top 6 percent of National Institutes of Health-funded institutions.
Henry Ford Medical Group physicians work together in leadership and as everyday partners to continue to bring the best possible care to every patient we serve. We also work to educate our community through our Emmy Award–winning TV show, Minds of Medicine.
Professional conduct and standards
Members of Henry Ford Medical Group are expected to meet the highest standards of professional conduct. We wish to be the benchmark by which other physician groups are judged for the quality of our patient care, and our exemplary professional and ethical behavior.
Henry Ford Medical Group awards
The Henry Ford Medical Group continues to receive recognition nationally and locally in fields such as heart and heart surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, and respiratory disorders, among others. Recent awards include:
- The Henry Ford Medical Group has been honored by the American Medical Group Association for its quality programs in prostate cancer care, anticoagulation management, lipid management and depression care.
- Henry Ford physicians received the Governor’s Award of Excellence for Improving Care in both the hospital and the emergency department settings.
- Henry Ford Hospital was named one of the nation's top 100 hospitals for the treatment of stroke, according to a study released by HCIA-Sachs Institute. The ranking indicates more people treated at the top 100 hospitals survive with fewer complications than at most hospitals in the country.
- The Henry Ford Medical Group has more physicians selected as “Top Docs” than any other hospital in metropolitan Detroit by America’s Top Doctors.
- Henry Ford Hospital ranked as the only Detroit hospital selected as one of America's Top 50 Hospitals in Modern Maturity, the official publication of the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP).