Join other brain cancer patients and Henry Ford Cancer Institute experts for support and cutting edge information on treatment, support services, and research
Dr. Tobias Walbert gives an overview of treatment options and therapeutic approaches to help patients live longer and cope after a brain tumor diagnosis.Learn more
Brain Tumor Support Services
How does the Henry Ford Cancer Institute support patients with brain tumors?
We offer a variety of support programs make sure the whole you is being taken care of during your cancer treatment.
- Our 24 Hour appointment guarantee promises an appointment with a neurosurgeon or neuro-oncologist within 24 business hours of contacting us
- Same day MRI scans allow you to make a single trip to Henry Ford instead of multiple.
- The Hermelin Brain Tumor Center Facebook Page keeps you informed about events happening at Hermelin
- Brain Tumor Patient Stories from our own patients inspire and give hope to others
- Cancer Support Groups and Classes connect you with others in the Henry Ford Cancer community through meaningful conversation and activities
- Henry Ford Cancer Institute Survivorship Support Group on Facebook
- Caregiver Services support those who support you
- Dietitians who specialize in working with patients who have cancer offer free consultations to our patients
- An E-Newsletter that keeps our cancer community informed about services and events
- The Exercise Program for Cancer Patients (ExCITE) is one of the only exercise programs in the country created especially for patients or post treatment survivors of cancer
- Game On Cancer Kid’s Club
- Integrative Medicine for Cancer Patients
- Psych-oncolgy specialists
- Rehabilitation services especially for people that have been affected by cancer or its treatment
What other support services are available through Henry Ford?
- Fertility Preservation is available for those who may have their fertility impacted by cancer treatment
- The cancer Genetics program
- Henry Ford at Home offers products and services to help you make the transition from hospital to home
- Palliative Care helps patients with serious disease have the best quality of life possible
- A specialty pharmacy for cancer patients makes sure you have medications when you need them, with free delivery to your home or office
Where can I learn more about brain tumors?
These national sources have up to date information about brain tumors.
- Brain Cancer — Information for patients from the National Cancer Institute
- Information from the American Cancer Society
- The Henry Ford Neurosurgery YouTube playlist has videos from our providers about brain tumors, cutting edge procedures, and support services
How can I talk to other patients who have brain tumors?
- The Henry Ford Cancer Institute Survivorship Support Group on Facebook connects you with other Henry Ford cancer patients, including those with brain tumors.
- Imerman Angels
A program that provides personalized connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers. Phone: (866) 463-7626.
- The American Brain Tumor Association has information and resources for patients, caregivers, and families affected by a brain tumor.
What organizations help those with brain tumors?
- Brains for The Cure
- An easy-to-navigate page for people on any step of the brain tumor journey, from diagnosis to survivorship
- Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure (ABC2)
- An organization focused on research for a cure. They also offer guidance for anyone facing a brain tumor treatment
- The Thompson-Mason Brain Cancer Foundation
- Dedicated to helping low-income brain cancer patients get the treatment they deserve