Virtual Care for Brain Tumor Treatment
At the Henry Ford Hermelin Brain Tumor Center, we recognize the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on our current and newly diagnosed patients across Michigan and the other states that we serve.
The health and safety of our patients remain our top priority, and we have implemented special infection control safeguards in all our care environments, including chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
For new patients, our tumor board continues to meet and discuss the best treatment plan. We recognize the desire and need for in-person appointments to consult with our brain tumor experts and are making those available along with comprehensive virtual care options.
We understand you may be hesitant to come in for a visit. As part of our commitment to provide the safest, most advanced care, we offer virtual care options to get you the care you need by expanding our reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics.
Virtual care allows you and your Hermelin Brain Tumor Center team to connect remotely, which means no waiting rooms, no parking, no driving. Our entire team, including neuro-oncology and neurosurgery, is offering virtual care visits during the COVID-19 outbreak, promising the same exceptional experience. We work quickly to understand you and your unique situation so we can provide the care you need to get you feeling better faster.
The Hermelin Brain Tumor Center now offers video visits for you to receive care from your provider remotely. These video visits are available to select patients. Please discuss this with your provider and they will determine if you are eligible for a virtual visit.
MyChart Video Visit
- This is a convenient, secure way to video chat with your provider through the MyChart app on your mobile device, tablet or laptop.
- This offers an opportunity to receive the same high-quality healthcare expertise from your provider, without having to travel to the facility.
For more information regarding medical eligibility, insurance coverage, and any out of pocket costs, please contact our office.
What to Expect During your Virtual Care Visit?
Our team will make sure that you are prepared for this visit.
- Our physicians will review your surgical history, treatment records and imaging prior to your appointment.
- You will be asked to log into MyChart 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment and placed into a virtual waiting lobby.
- When your physician is available, he/she will appear on video on the top of the screen. Your video feed will appear on the bottom half of the screen.
- The physician will go over your records with you and discuss your recent imaging.
- The physician will provide you with a plan at the end of the visit and an after-visit summary will be sent to you via your MyChart account.
What is Needed to Schedule a Virtual Care Visit at Henry Ford Hermelin Brain Tumor Center?
If you are a new patient, please call our office at (313) 916-2723 to register as a Henry Ford Health Patient. Our office will give you a medical record number and directions to download the MyChart app on your phone or computer.
You will need to send our team:
- Treatment records
- Pathology reports (along with any precision medicine reports)
- Radiology tests (CT and MRI on disc in DICOM format preferably) sent overnight to:
Henry Ford Health
Hermelin Brain Tumor Center
Attention Courtney Snavely
2850 West Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202