Appointments and Locations
Talk to your oncologist or surgeon about how your fertility or ability to maintain a pregnancy may be affected by cancer treatments. If necessary, men and women can both be referred to The Henry Ford Center for Reproductive Medicine, where cancer fertility specialists can discuss fertility risks in depth, and guide you through the options available to preserve fertility.
- Cancer patients are guaranteed an appointment at the clinic or an inpatient consult within 48 hours of contact.
- A fertility specialist will meet with you to gain a clear understanding of your condition assess your fertility potential, and what the chances are of infertility after cancer treatment
If getting to either of those locations is an obstacle, Telemedicine clinic-to-clinic visits are available and usually covered by insurance. Call (248) 637-4050 to request an appointment.
Colleen's Corner: Local and National Resources
Learn more about fertility preservation and the options or resources available.
- The Oncofertility Consortium: a national, interdisciplinary initiative designed to explore the reproductive future of cancer survivors
- International Cryogenics, Inc.- local cryogenic storage
- Ferring: Save on your fertility medications