Cancer Information and Research
A cancer diagnosis may leave you and your loved ones with many questions, like what treatment is best for me? Or how will I get through this difficult time? We’ve gathered resources and lists of organizations that provide reliable information to answer these questions and better support you during cancer treatment and survivorship.
Patient Resource Centers at Henry Ford Health
- Find information about cancer types, cancer treatment, and cancer supportive services in the comfort of your home, or on the go with your smart phone! The Sladen Library Cancer Resources for
- Patients page offers a variety of informational sites, videos, mobile apps, and organizations that can help you through your cancer journey. If you would rather visit the Patient Resource Centers in person, and get help finding information from one of our experienced medical librarians, you can visit our locations at:
- Sladen Library – Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit)
- Sladen Library – Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Sladen Library – Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
The Resource Room at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute - Detroit
Educational Information from Reliable Online Sources
- Comprehensive information about cancer, treatment, latest treatments, and resources for patients, families, and caregivers.
- Information, day to day help, and emotional support are available. National and local offices
- Cancer Information in other Languages
- Information and resources as well as free telephone support from Oncology Social Workers, audio workshops, and publications for people with cancer and their loved one
- Information geared toward young adults who are battling cancer or are supporting a loved one with cancer
- Doctor-approved information for patients from the American Society of Clinical Oncologists
- Personalize this website to your disease type and what resources you need, and it will help connect you with what you’re looking for, from a new diagnosis through survivorship.
- An informational website with videos and articles customizable to your cancer type. They also offer a magazine subscription covering cancer updates, research and education.
- “Has great articles not only for current cancer patients but also for survivors.” – A patient
- This book is a comprehensive how-to-guide that helps cancer patients and their loved ones navigate the medical, emotional, relational, and spiritual challenges of cancer
Patient and Caregiver Resources
- The Genentech Patient Resource Center is dedicated to getting patients and caregivers to the right resources.
- This page offers information on types of cancer, medication, health coverage, and more.