If you provide care for a loved one – parent, child, spouse, relative, neighbor or friend – join fellow caregivers.
Cancer Support Groups and Programs
Henry Ford Health Cancer support groups and programming are offered to help create community and promote healing during the cancer journey. All support groups are hosted by licensed mental health professionals.
All groups are free unless otherwise noted. Please register in advance for groups you would like to attend.
To keep our patients and community safe, all programming is currently online.
- An educational meeting for those with brain tumors, brain cancer and their caregivers.
- Meets virtually 3rd Saturday of the month, 10 – 11:30am
- Education and support meeting for those diagnosed with breast cancer at any stage of the cancer journey, from diagnosis through survivorship
- Meets virtually the 1st Monday of the month, 6 p.m.
General Cancer Support Group
- A support group for those coping with cancer of any type
- Meets virtually the first and third Mondays of the month, 1:30 – 3 p.m.
Gynecological Cancer and Ovarian Cancer @ Gilda’s Club
- We are excited to offer gynecological and ovarian cancer support groups in partnership with Gilda’s Club Metro Detroit. To ensure the support group is a good fit for you Gilda’s Club will postpone your new member meeting until AFTER your first support group.
Head and Neck Cancer
- A survivorship and support meeting for current patients, caregivers and survivors of head and neck cancer.
- Meets virtually 1st Thursday of the month, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Henry Ford Health Cancer Facebook Group
- The Facebook group is a place where Henry Ford Cancer Institute patients, post-treatment survivors, caregivers, and family can interact to share resources and help each other navigate this unique journey no one chose to be on.
- A group for those coping with cancer as a chronic illness. Monthly speakers cover topics of interest for those diagnosed with metastatic cancer and their families.
- Meets virtually on the 4th Thursday of the month, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Living Well: What to Expect after a Cancer Diagnosis
- A support group for patients and caregivers who have received a cancer diagnosis in the past year.
- Meets virtually third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
Stem Cell Transplant Candidate Support Group
- A support group for Stem Cell Transplant, Bone Marrow Transplant, and CAR-T candidates, as well as those who have already undergone one of these procedures.
- Meets virtually second Monday of the month, 1 – 2 p.m.
Stem Cell Transplant Caregiver
- A support group for those caring for a loved one who needs or has had a stem cell transplant
- Meets virtually first Monday of the month, 1 – 2 p.m.
Art Therapy Open Studio
- Register to receive information on our monthly projects and supply lists before the live group.
- Meets weekly on Tuesdays, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Art Therapy Group for Men
- Explore emotions and experiences through weekly creative, artistic projects with an art therapist.
- Meets weekly on Wednesdays, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Art Therapy Group for Women
- Connect with other women affected by a cancer diagnosis through art activities guided by an art therapist.
- Meets weekly on Wednesdays, 10 – 11:00 a.m.
Healing Arts Programs
Browse a list of our upcoming healing arts workshops and events:
Lunch with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- A free live monthly concerts from the talented musicians of the DSO.
- Broadcast virtually one Monday a month, 12 p.m.
Live Music with Detroit Opera
- A free monthly musical performances and interactive Q & A with the talented musicians of MOT
- Broadcast virtually one Thursday a month, 2 p.m.
Cancer PATH: Thriving and Surviving
- An interactive workshop designed to help individuals with any kind of cancer improve their health and feel better.
6 weeks sessions are at various times and dates throughout 2022
RSVP by phone (517) 592-1974 or via email
The Henry Ford Cancer Institute has partnered with the International Institute of Yoga Therapy to offer free virtual meditation for cancer patients, survivors, and their caregivers or family members.
Meets Tuesdays and Fridays, twice a month
Cancer Support during COVID-19
- Presenter: Michael Ryan, PsyD
Fear of Cancer Recurrence
- Presenter: Ted Varkas, LMSW