Area Cancer Support Groups, Classes and Events
To keep our patients and community safe, we have decided to migrate some of our in-person programming online. Please see our list of class offerings below. Check back often, as we will be adding more programming and events in the future.
To sign up for any of our live programming, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and desired group. We will send back setup directions and a link to that event.
- An educational meeting for those with brain tumors, brain cancer and their caregivers.
- Facilitator: Nestelynn Gay
- Meets virtually 3rd Saturday of the month, 10 – 11:30am
- Survivorship and support meeting for current breast cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors
- Facilitator: Connie Lass, RN, OCN
- Meets virtually 1st Monday of the Month, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Education and support meeting for those diagnosed with breast cancer at any stage of the cancer journey, from diagnosis through survivorship
- Facilitator: Madeline Klause, LMSW
- Meets virtually the 1st Wednesday of the month, 6 p.m.
- A support group for those coping with cancer of any type
- Facilitator: Tara Forton, LMSW
- Meets virtually weekly, Mondays 1:30 – 3 p.m.
- A survivorship and support meeting for current patients, caregivers and survivors of head and neck cancer.
- Facilitator: Tara Forton, LMS
- Meets virtually 1st Thursday of the month, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- A group for those coping with cancer as a chronic illness
- Facilitator: Ted Varkas, LMSW
- Meets virtually on the 4th Thursday of the month, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- A support group for patients and caregivers who have received a cancer diagnosis in the past year.
- Facilitator: Tyree Woods, LMSW
- Meets virtually third Wednesday of the month at 11:00 a.m.
- This Facebook group is a place where Henry Ford Cancer Institute patients, post-treatment survivors, caregivers, and family can interact to share resources and help each other navigate this unique journey no one chose to be on.
Join Our Facebook Group
- A support group for those caring for a loved one who needs or has had a stem cell transplant
- Facilitator: Jessica Fisher, LMSW
- Meets virtually first Monday of the month, 12 – 1 p.m.
- RSVP to email@example.com to receive information on our monthly projects and supply lists before the live group.
- Facilitator: Mallory Montgomery, MS, ATR
- Meets virtually 3rd Tuesday of the month, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Lunch with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra
- Register for our free live monthly concerts from the talented musicians of the DSO.
- Facilitator: Megan Winkel, Lindsey Anderson Healing Arts Curator
- Broadcast virtually the 3rd Wednesday of the month, 12 – 1 p.m.
Live Music with Michigan Opera Theatre
- Register for free monthly musical performances and interactive Q & A with the talented musicians of MOT
- Facilitatior: Megan Winkel, Lindsey Anderson Healing Arts Curator
- Broadcast virtually one Thursday a month, 2 pm
Cancer Support during COVID-19
Fear of Cancer Recurrence
We use the Henry Ford Health System-approved Skype for Business platform to bring you our live programming. Other platforms are not HIPAA compliant and can pose safety risks for users. Set-up is easy and free on your mobile device, tablet or computer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the log on information for any of our groups.
Skype for Business setup on your personal device.