Michigan’s Epilepsy Experts
We know how difficult it is to live with epilepsy. Seizures can affect every area of your life, including your health, relationships, work, and school. You may feel isolated — but you are not alone. Our experts work together to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and a personalized treatment plan to control your seizures.
When you come to us for epilepsy treatment, you can rest assured that your care is in the hands of experts. Whether it’s your first seizure or you’re seeking relief after years of uncontrolled seizures, our team can help.
Personalized approach to epilepsy treatment
The most effective epilepsy treatment requires a team of experts from various specialties working together for you. At the Henry Ford Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, your care team includes board-certified neurologists with years intensive training in epilepsy and seizure management, and other highly experienced specialists in the field.
You’ll receive comprehensive, high-quality care from your first visit through diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up. We spend time with you to understand what you’re experiencing and listen to your concerns. We build a relationship with you so that we can develop a treatment plan that fits your needs.
When should you see an epilepsy specialist?
Our specialized team can help with all types of epilepsy and seizures, even if previous treatments haven't worked for you. You should seek care from a comprehensive epilepsy center if:
- A year of treatment hasn't successfully controlled your seizures.
- Seizures continue after you have tried two or more medicines.
- You experience serious side effects from epilepsy treatment.
- You want to learn about other seizure treatments, besides medications.
- You are or want to become pregnant.
Benefits of a certified epilepsy center
Our program has received the top certification from the National Association of Epilepsy Centers for managing difficult-to-treat epilepsy. That means we have the professional expertise and most advanced treatment available. Patients from across the country come to Henry Ford for help controlling their seizures. Our program offers:
- Fellowship-trained experts: Our board-certified neurologists have years of specialized training in epilepsy and seizure control.
- Precise diagnosis: Our doctors offer advanced technology and testing to provide an accurate diagnosis to the cause of your seizures.
- Latest treatment options: From medication management to testing, surgical procedures, laser treatments, and devices for the most complex cases. Learn more about treatment options.
- 24/7 monitoring: If you have recurring seizures, we provide intensive evaluation in our comfortable epilepsy monitoring unit.
- Expertise in pediatric epilepsy: Our care team has specialized experience in learning, attention, behavioral and social issues that may accompany seizure disorders. Learn more about our pediatric epilepsy care.