Vascular Screening - Arterial
Our specialists can care for all forms of vascular disease, including uncommon and complex conditions. We help you get answers to unexplained symptoms, and we offer treatment to relieve your discomfort and protect your health.
Please fill out the form, or call (517) 888-0702 to request a vascular screening at the Henry Ford Allegiance Vascular Lab.
Note: Vascular screenings are needed only every 5 years. In order to complete a screening, you must give permission for your results to be sent to your primary care provider.
What is vascular disease?
Vascular disease describes conditions and disorders that affect the circulatory system, which includes the:
- Arteries, which carry oxygen-rich blood from the heart to the rest of the body
- Veins, which bring blood from the body’s tissues back to the heart and lungs to pick up oxygen
- Lymphatic system of vessels and small organs (nodes) that circulate lymphatic fluid throughout the body to fight diseases and remove unwanted substances
Like heart disease, vascular disease can cause illness and death. But with early diagnosis and proper treatment, you can feel better and protect your health. You can also prevent serious complications such as blood clots, stroke, gangrene (tissue death) and limb loss.
Our vascular team diagnoses and treats artery diseases such as:
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic dissection
- Carotid artery disease
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Peripheral artery disease
- Raynaud’s disease, severe, temporary narrowing of arteries (vasospasm), usually in fingers or toes, due to cold or stress
- Renal artery stenosis, narrowing of arteries that supply blood to the kidneys
- Subclavian steal syndrome, inadequate blood supply to the brain and an arm due to blockage in an artery supplying blood to both