Clinical Excellence through Diversity Scholarship
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital is pleased to sponsor a scholarship program to support historically underrepresented medical students. This program comes out of the recognition that diversity in clinical care is not just a moral imperative, but also a strategy for improving patient satisfaction and outcomes. We welcome students with historically underrepresented backgrounds to apply because we believe that drawing on our collective experiences advances our collective mission.
Rotations are available in:
The scholarship will provide recipients priority access to our student rotations and $1,500 for travel, lodging, and other expenses associated with participating in the visiting rotation. This experience includes clinical shifts, didactics, simulation, journal club and the opportunity to develop mentoring relationships with attending physicians and residents.
- 4th-year medical student in good standing at an accredited U.S. allopathic, osteopathic, or podiatric medical school
- Completion of all required core clerkships
- Passed USMLE/COMLEX/APMLE 1
- Identify as a member of a group that is underrepresented in medicine
- Applications will be accepted between February 1 and March 15 of each year. You may apply in advance, but a decision will not be made until after March 15
- Completed application: https://forms.office.com/r/ta4T0kdutB
- Complete VSLO application (this may be completed within 24 hours after notification that the scholarship has been awarded)
- Preference will be given to applications outside of a 50-mile radius of Wyandotte
Please complete the Clinical Excellence through Diversity Scholarship application as soon as possible, and do not wait for the VSLO/VSAS application to open. Deadlines will be posted on the scholarship application itself.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
Associate DIO, South Market
Henry Ford Health
Henry Ford Wyandotte Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee