- American Board of Radiology - Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology
- Michigan State University, MI, 2005
Residencies & Internships
- Henry Ford Hospital, Diagnostic Radiology, MI, 2010
- Henry Ford Hospital, Transitional Internship, MI, 2006
- Henry Ford Hospital, Interventional Radiology, MI, 2011
Titles: Senior Staff Interventional Radiologist, Clinical Assistant Professor Wayne State University School Of Medicine, Program Director, Interventional Radiology Residencies; Program Director, Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship
Dr. Schwartz enjoys complex and innovative procedures and will always push the envelope to help patients. He was the first physician in Michigan to start a Prostate Artery Embolization program for BPH, and remains the most experienced. Dr. Schwartz was a co-director of the multidisciplinary educational course “Emerging Options for Diagnosis and Management of Prostate Disease: A Multidisciplinary Symposium.” As well, he continues to lecture and educate physicians and patients.
His clinical interests include Prostate Artery Embolization, Interventional Oncology (minimally invasive treatment of cancers), complex portal and hepatobiliary interventions, pulmonary embolism, Angiovac, and central venous recanalization of chronic occlusions. He helped establish a Pulmonary Embolism Response Team for Henry Ford Hospital, and continues to serve as a team member.
Dr. Schwartz believes in treating patients as if they were his own family member. He wants patients to feel comfortable with their procedures, including pre- and post-procedure care.
Dr. Schwartz is involved in Resident, Fellow, and Medical Student education. He holds various leadership positions in national organizations such as the Society of Interventional Radiology and Association of Program Directors in Interventional Radiology.
- Improving mortality and morbidity associated with pulmonary embolism by designing and implementing a pulmonary embolism response team (PERT) Henry Ford Health System
- Interventional Oncology
- Prostate Artery Embolization
- Quality improvement
Awards & Honors:
- Academic appointment department of Urology
- Chief Resident , Henry Ford Hospital Diagnostic Radiology
- Hour Magazine 2017 Top Doctor Award
- Hour Magazine 2018 Top Doctor Award
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital