When you are caring for a loved one in hospice, preparing meals is probably one of the last things you are thinking about. Yet to maintain your health and strength and keep your loved ones fueled during this time, quality foods are necessary. Some helpful tips to ease the burden of food preparation include:
- Prepare extra foods and store in single-serving portions.
- Ask for help. Friends and family want to help, and asking them to cook meals is a great way for them to contribute.
- Order takeout from a local restaurant that delivers.
- Use the microwave and fill your pantry with foods that only require heating.
- If you have the option, use home-delivery shopping or online purchasing.