Head and Neck Cancer Support Services
We’re here with the help you need during treatment for head and neck cancer.
It can be scary to face a diagnosis of head or neck cancer. Some patients believe there’s no one who could understand what they’re going through.
But you don’t have to face cancer alone. Our team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, and other professionals will go over test results, explain treatment options, and more. Our care doesn’t stop there. We provide additional support for you and your family throughout head or neck cancer treatment and beyond.
How does Henry Ford support head and neck cancer patients?
Our head and neck cancer support team is one of the most extensive in the country. Our specialized support services include:
- Counseling and mental health support -- Henry Ford has one of only a few head and neck cancer programs in the country with a health psychologist dedicated to our patients
- Dedicated nurse navigators to help arrange medical services, answer questions, or connect you with additional resources
- Help when you transition from the hospital to home with products and services from Henry Ford at Home
- Nutrition services with our in-house dietitians
- Our specialty pharmacy, which makes sure you have the medications you need when you need them
- Speech and swallowing therapy with our speech-language pathology team
- Our support groups meet regularly in West Bloomfield and Shelby Township so you can share strength from others who have been where you are.
What other support services are available at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute?
Ask a Cancer Support Specialist
Where can I learn more about head and neck cancer?
These national sources have up to date information about head and neck cancer:
How can I talk to other patients who have head and neck cancer?
- Henry Ford Patient Advisor Program
- You can share your story and the challenges you’ve dealt with as a member of our patient advisory council. Other patients, caregivers, and our medical team can learn a great deal from people who have gone through treatment or cared for a loved one with head or neck cancer.
- Imerman Angels
- A program that provides personalized connections that enable one-on-one support among cancer fighters, survivors, and caregivers. Phone: (866) 463-7626
- Web Whispers
- The largest support group for individual laryngectomee survivors of larynx and other throat cancers. Get advice from those who have been there and education at the time it is needed.
What organizations help people with head and neck cancer?
- Head and Neck Cancer Alliance
- The Oley Foundation
- Support and information about home IV nutrition and feeding tubes.
- Oral Cancer Foundation
- Learn more about oral cancer and its physical and mental effects. Information on support services is available, along with online forums where you can communicate with other oral cancer patients and caregivers.