Schedule Your Weight Loss Surgery
If you meet the criteria for weight loss surgery and your doctor confirms you are a candidate, our Bariatric Surgery Center will schedule several consultations to evaluate your readiness for weight loss surgery. These include:
- Bariatric Surgery Nurse Coordinator Consultation. This consultation is offered weekly and complies with National Institutes of Health (NIH) criteria stating that patients have to be well-informed about surgery. A family member or significant other is strongly encouraged to participate with you.
- Bariatrician Consultation. Our bariatrician is a medical specialist who will assess your risks for surgery and develop an individualized care plan to ensure the safety and success of your surgery.
- Bariatric Surgeon Consultation. Our surgeon will further evaluate your readiness for surgery, by:
- Reviewing your medical and surgical history
- Performing a pre-surgical physical examination
- Evaluating and determining if you are a suitable surgical candidate (any additional tests and/or consultations will be ordered at this time if needed)
- Working with you to select the appropriate surgery for you
- Answering any and all of your questions
- Bariatric psychology consultation. Our Behavioral Health team will help you develop tools to optimize your success after weight loss surgery.
- Bariatric nutrition and exercise group consultation. Our nutrition and exercise team will help you develop a healthy lifestyle to support your successful weight loss.
Upon completion of your pre-operative testing and evaluations, we will schedule you to meet again with the surgeon to schedule surgery and complete all necessary paperwork.