Tobacco and Nicotine Treatment
We offer tobacco treatment programs at no cost to help individuals quit tobacco and nicotine. Covered topics include:
- Medications that support quitting
- Getting ready for Quit Day
- Changes in your daily routine that make quitting easier
- Dealing with stress and avoiding weight gain
- Staying tobacco-free for good
Our programs include:
- The Tobacco Treatment Service (TTS), a six-month program that offers one-on-one coaching by phone. An experienced tobacco treatment coach helps you work on ways to deal with cravings and other triggers. We provide a helpful workbook and guidance in planning for your quit date and beyond.
- Freedom From Smoking (FFS), an eight-session, seven-week group class. Designed by the American Lung Association, this program is the “gold standard” in group tobacco treatment. Trained coaches guide the group in talking about quitting tobacco for good, while group members support each other in staying tobacco-free.
- Specialized programs for teens age 14-17 and pregnant patients are available.
Tobacco Treatment is a free service. Anyone using any type of tobacco product can participate in one-on-one counseling with our trained tobacco treatment specialist. Services are offered as often as needed and include:
- Behavior management
- Addiction education
- Education on medications that increase success rates
- Relapse prevention
Locations: Bloomfield Township, Dearborn, Detroit, Grosse Pointe Farms, Northville, Royal Oak
Acupuncturists work with patients to help lessen the effects of nicotine withdrawal, which may increase their chances of quitting tobacco for good. Package rates for acupuncture and tobacco treatment counseling are available.