Tobacco and Nicotine Treatment
Tobacco Treatment Services (TTS) offers programs to help individuals stop using tobacco and nicotine
products. Covered topics include:
Medications that can help you quit
- Preparing for Quit Day
Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier
- Managing stress and avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self-image and staying tobacco-free for good
Our programs include:
- The Tobacco Intervention Program (TIP), a six-month telephone-based counseling program. An experienced Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist provides ongoing support and encouragement as you develop strategies to deal with temptations and manage cravings. Helpful educational materials and assistance in planning for your quit date and beyond are provided.
- Freedom From Smoking® (FFS), an eight-session, seven-week group class. Developed by the American Lung Association, this science-based program is considered the “gold standard” in tobacco treatment classes. Trained facilitators provide guidance on quitting tobacco permanently, while group members mutually support each other in becoming and remaining tobacco-free.
- Quitting 101 is a one-hour presentation provided at your worksite during the lunch hour by TTS staff. Seminars address benefits of quitting, strategies to make quitting easier, and planning for your tobacco-free future. Call to request a seminar at your site.
Tobacco Treatment is a free service of Henry Ford Allegiance Health. Anyone using tobacco products in any form is encouraged to participate in one-on-one counseling with our trained tobacco specialist. Services are offered as often as needed and include:
- Behavior management
- Addiction education
- Education on medications that increase success rates
- Relapse prevention
Northville: (248) 380-6201
Grosse Pointe Farms: (313) 640-2355
Detroit: (313) 324-8177
Acupuncturists at the Center for Integrative Medicine work with patients to help lessen the effects of nicotine withdrawal, which may increase your chances of quitting tobacco for good.