Tobacco and Nicotine Treatment
Email: [email protected]
We offer tobacco treatment programs at no cost to help individuals quit tobacco and nicotine. Covered topics include:
- Medications that support quitting
- Preparing for Quit Day
- Lifestyle changes to make quitting easier
- Managing stress and avoiding weight gain
- Developing a new self-image and staying tobacco-free for good
Our programs include:
- The Tobacco Treatment Service (TTS), a six-month telephone-based counseling program. An experienced tobacco treatment coach provides ongoing support and encouragement as you develop strategies to deal with temptations and manage cravings. Helpful educational materials and assistance in planning for your quit date and beyond are provided.
- Freedom From Smoking (FFS), an eight-session, seven-week group class. Developed by the American Lung Association, this science-based program is considered the "gold standard" in group tobacco treatment classes. Trained coaches facilitate productive discussions on quitting tobacco permanently, while group members mutually support each other in becoming and remaining tobacco-free.
Tobacco Treatment is a free service. Anyone using any type of tobacco product can participate in one-on-one counseling with our trained tobacco specialist. Services are offered as often as needed and include:
- Behavior management
- Addiction education
- Education on medications that increase success rates
- Relapse prevention
Tobacco Cessation – Acupuncture
Dearborn, Detroit, Grosse Pointe Farms, Northville
Acupuncturists work with patients to help lessen the effects of nicotine withdrawal, which may increase your chance of quitting tobacco for good.