The nationally recognized Henry Ford Medical Group is proud to introduce Minds of Medicine in Action, an educational resource for physicians featuring the latest research and innovations in patient care.
Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Comprehensive cancer care for your patients.
We want the same thing you want for your cancer patients: effective, personalized treatment delivered by a team of experienced professionals.
Our guiding principle for the delivery of superior care demands a multidisciplinary approach with the best experts at the table to treat each patient. We offer 15 tumor boards with fellowship-trained physicians and other subspecialists from a broad range of divisions, and multidisciplinary cancer clinics for several types of cancer. Notes are incorporated into all patient electronic medical records following tumor board meetings to continue communication among all providers during the course of treatment.
To ensure the best service to patients and referring physicians, 24 hour a day coordinators and referring physician services, along with concierge services are available. Patient satisfaction via Press Ganey demonstrates the superior level of care provided, with most service areas scoring in the top 1 percent nationally.
Ensuring the most advanced care
The breadth and depth of technologies and treatments pioneered and used routinely by Henry Ford cancer specialists differentiates us. Physicians from around the world travel here for training in cancer diagnostic and treatment methods pioneered at Henry Ford.
Additional benefits we offer your patients include:
- Advanced radiation therapy, including the world's first advanced radiation therapy that uses an FDA-approved real-time magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to deliver more precise and accurate radiation treatment using a linear accelerator.
- Medical oncology, offering the full range of advanced chemotherapies and other oncologic drugs including alkylating agents, antimetabolites, antitumor antibiotics, immunotherapies, mitotic inhibitors, nitrosoureas, and hormone therapies.
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Extensive cancer research and access to clinical trials
- Focus on precision medicine