Join Henry Ford Health’s Nurse Assistant Apprenticeship Program
The perfect way to jumpstart a career in healthcare.
The demand for healthcare services is growing — and with it the need for nurse assistants. Enroll in Henry Ford Health’s nurse assistant apprenticeship program and, upon completion, get hired full-time at Henry Ford Health.
What does a nurse assistant do?
Nurse assistants (NAs) help care for patients in medical facilities and at home, under the supervision of nursing and other medical professionals. They:
- Perform specific patient care duties assigned by the registered nurse to meet the safety, hygiene and comfort needs of the patient.
- Observe the patient’s mental, physical and emotional states and report changes to the nursing or medical professional.
- Provide direction and assist with requests from the patient, their caregivers and family members.
- Respond to emergent (or urgent) situations according to established procedures.
Nurse assistant wages are competitive. It’s a skill set that can open many opportunities, as there are a variety of career paths and specialties in the nursing field.
How does Henry Ford Health’s nurse assistant apprenticeship work?
- The nurse assistant apprenticeship offers paid training for four to six weeks. Nurse assistant apprentices work full-time, between 36-40 hours per week.
- Nurse assistants are required to attend offsite training for two weeks. After that, you’ll return to your department to complete your additional training.
- During your apprenticeship, you must have excellent attendance with few absences or tardiness.
- You must remain employed with Henry Ford Health for at least one year after training completion.
- You may choose to pass the State of Michigan’s nurse assistant certification exam and become a certified nurse assistant.
What are the requirements to enroll in the nurse assistant apprenticeship program?
- Possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Complete Henry Ford Health pre-employment requirements
- If you are currently an employee at Henry Ford Health, in order to transfer into the apprenticeship program, you must have a minimum of six months in your current position and no active corrective action
- Complete a background check by the State of Michigan
- Have fingerprinting completed by the State of Michigan
How do I apply?
- Submit your resume to the Henry Ford Health nurse assistant apprenticeship position on https://henryford.referrals.selectminds.com/.
- Be sure to attach references and recommendation letters to your application.
- Candidates may be contacted by email or phone to schedule an interview. If you are accepted into the apprenticeship program, you will receive a conditional offer of employment from Henry Ford Health.