Front Entrance Renovation Project
To make it easier for visitors to navigate our expanding Hospital structure, and to welcome them in to a more comfortable, relaxing and secure environment, we are renovating the Hospital’s main entrance and lobby as well as the Professional Building entrance. As can be expected with a project of this size, some disruption is inevitable, including the following.
- The Professional Building entrance is closed through mid-September.
- Patient Registration is temporarily relocated to the Heart & Vascular Center lobby.
Until the Professional Building entrance reopens in September, patients and visitors can enter through the Hospital’s barrier-free main doors (Entrance A), with expanded free Valet Parking service, wheelchair assistance and Volunteers to help with directions and questions.
Patients and visitors can also use the double doors between the main entrance and the Professional Building (Entrance B). While this is the closest alternative, the doors are not equipped to open automatically for wheelchairs.
To minimize your inconvenience
- Signs have been posted inside and outside the Hospital to assist with wayfinding and direct visitors to the Professional Building lobby and elevators.
- A shuttle roams the parking lot adjacent to the Professional Building to provide rides for those in need.
- Benches are available on each side of the construction wall for anyone wishing to rest during their walk to one of the alternative entrances.
- Answers to your Frequently Asked Questions are provided.
Improvements centered on patients and families
In designing both new entrances and the new Hospital lobby, we sought the opinions of our Patient Advisory Council to ensure the changes would meet the needs of patients and families. We believe you will be pleased with the results, which include the following.
- Covered lanes for patient drop off and pick up at both entrances
- Two-story open atrium at the Hospital entrance
- Central relocation of the Outpatient Pharmacy
- Private Patient Registration bays
- Common Grounds coffee shop expansion
- Lobby Gift Shop renovation
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this renovation. Please don’t hesitate to ask one of our Volunteers or staff members to assist you.