Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery
- Florida State University College of Medicine, FL, 2015
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Orthopaedic Surgery, OH, 2020
- OrthoCarolina, Spinal Surgery, 2021
Ryan J. Berger, M.D., is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic spine surgeon. He completed his residency at Cleveland Clinic, where he trained in a hybrid environment with neurosurgeons and orthopaedic spine surgeons. In this setting, he gained extensive experience in scoliosis surgery, complex deformity and revision. He then completed his spine fellowship at OrthoCarolina Sports Medicine Center, one of the top programs in the nation. He has multiple peer-reviewed publications and a particular interest in quality improvement and healthcare technology. He is well-trained in a variety of techniques encompassing the entire spine including robotic, navigated, minimally invasive and open surgery.
- Senior Staff Spine Surgeon, Department of Orthopaedics
"I understand that surgery, especially spine surgery, is a major life event and can be intimidating for many patients. My goal is to make patients as comfortable as possible in the shared decision-making process by providing ample education, support, non-operative alternatives to care, availability to address their concerns, and compassion for their individual problems."
- Quality Improvement
- Healthcare technology
- Healthcare Economics
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital