Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Urology - Urology
- Georgetown University Hospital, DC, 1971
- Wayne State University, Urology, MI, 1977
- North Shore University Hospital, General Surgery, NY, 1974
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Campus, General Surgery, NY, 1973
- New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell Campus, General Surgery, NY, 1972
Dr. Liroff graduated from Georgetown University College of Medicine and trained in general surgery at New York Hospital before coming to Wayne State University, where he completed his residency in urology. His principal interests within the field of urology have centered most recently in the area of male sexual medicine: Peyronie's Disease, erectile dysfunction, genital reconstruction and hypogonadism, as well as prosthetic urology (penile prostheses, artificial urinary sphincters).
After meeting the Michigan woman he eventually married, the two of them chose to stay in Detroit where they have raised their family of three children (all of whom have gone to medical school) along with two Daschunds. Family has continued to be a major priority in Dr. Liroff's life, with sailing, travel, art and theater important interests outside of medicine.
I practice respectful patient centered care; a collaboration between patient and physician. This combined with years of experience yields superior results for my patients.