Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American Board of Surgery - Vascular Surgery
- Loyola University of Chicago, IL, 1985
- University of Notre Dame, IN, 1981
- Cook County Hospital/Univ of Illino, Surgery, IL, 1990
- Cook County Hospital/Univ of Illino, Surgery, IL, 1986
- Henry Ford Hospital, Vascular Surgery, MI, 1993
- University of Illinois GME, Vascular Surgery, IL, 1991
Timothy J. Nypaver M.D. is the D. Emerick and Eve Emerick Szilagyi chair in vascular surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, where he has been the head of the division of vascular surgery since 2016. Dr. Nypaver completed his general surgical residency at the University of Illinois department of surgery in 1990 and his vascular surgery fellowship at Henry Ford Hospital in 1993. He joined the faculty at Henry Ford Hospital in 1995, serving as the program director of the vascular surgery fellowship from 2008-2016, prior to being appointed chief of the vascular surgery service.
He maintains a busy tertiary and quaternary care vascular surgical practice at Henry Ford Hospital with an academic appointment at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He was recently recognized as a distinguished fellow in the Society for Vascular Surgery.
- Head, Division of Vascular Surgery
- D. Emerick and Eve Szilagyi Chair in Vascular Surgery
- Director, Vascular Services, Henry Ford Heart & Vascular
I seek to provide expert comprehensive individualized care with a primary focus upon providing less-invasive means to repair complex vascular surgical conditions inclusive of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysm, lower extremity occlusive disease, mesenteric artery occlusive disease, and carotid artery disease. Using all available endovascular techniques, I specialize in the repair of these vascular conditions through minimally invasive operations performed through the inside of the arteries, allowing even the sickest of patients to undergo repair of these life-threatening or limb-threatening conditions.
Since 2008, Dr. Nypaver has been the director of endovascular services at Henry Ford Hospital, promoting and establishing the application of endovascular technologies to the management of:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm and dissection
- Carotid artery disease
- Lower extremity occlusive disease
His research interests include quality outcomes measures associated with endovasular procedures. Dr. Nypaver has published over 40 peer-reviewed publications.
Awards and Honors
- Director, Endovascular Services, Division of Vascular Surgery
- Physician Champion, Blue Cross Blue Shield Michigan Cardiovascular Consortium for the Henry Ford Health System
- Examiner, Vascular Surgery Certifying Exam, Vascular Surgery Board of the American Board of Surgery
- Member, Vascular Surgery Certifying Examination Writing Committee, Vascular Surgery Board, American Board of Surgery
- President, Michigan Vascular Society
- Top Docs (2009-2020)
Videos and Articles