- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- Nova Southeastern University, FL, 2003
Residencies & Internships
- Loyola University Health System, General Surgery, IL, 2008
As a general surgeon, I choose from a variety of surgical techniques to most appropriately address the needs of each individual patient. These methods include minimally invasive surgery, such as laparoscopic or robotic procedures.
My clinical interests include diseases of the adrenal glands; tumors/cancers, and other diseases, of the gastrointestinal tract (including stomach, gallbladder, small intestine, large intestine/colon or rectum); thyroid disease; parathyroid disease; hernia; and breast disease.
Some of the operations I am experienced with include laparoscopic or robotic approaches to adrenalectomy, appendectomy, cholecystectomy, colon or rectal surgery (for cancer or benign disease), and spleen and abdominal wall (including groin/inguinal) hernias; and surgical treatment of the breast, thyroid and parathyroid.
- Medical Director of Surgical Services, Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Chief of Surgery, Henry Ford Allegiance Health.
- Dr. Obi was honored with Henry Ford Allegiance Health’s 2014 Physician Excellence Award for his meticulous care, compassion and integrity in the operating room.
Surgery has come a long way since the days when a routine trip to the operating room would require a long, painful incision and many days recovering in the hospital. Modern minimally invasive surgery uses unique small tools that allow surgeons to safely perform these same procedures through small openings.
Henry Ford Allegiance - W Michigan Avenue
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health