- American Board of Surgery - Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery - Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Rush University Rush Medical College, IL, 2009
Residencies & Internships
- Rush University Rush Medical College, Surgery, IL, 2014
- Rush University Medical Center, Thoracic/ Cardiovascular Surgery, IL, 2016
Member of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Dr. Popoff’s fellowship training in cardiothoracic surgery and practice focus primarily on benign and malignant diseases of the chest wall, mediastinum, lungs, pleura, airway, esophagus and foregut with an emphasis on minimally invasive approaches and thoracic oncology. “Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, such as VATS and robotics, typically means our patient’s experience less post operative pain, earlier mobility and return to normal activity, and a shorter hospital stay without compromising the surgical results,” he said.
As part of the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, Dr. Popoff works closely with colleagues in medical oncology, radiation oncology, and integrative services to develop a customized treatment plan focused on each patient’s individual needs. “Comprehensive cancer care represents a paradigm shift in how we manage these diseases compared to even 10 years ago. With minimally invasive surgical techniques in thoracic oncology, combined with advances in both radiation and medical oncology, we have a state of the art complement of tools for each patient’s unique condition,” he said.
Dr. Popoff is published in the American Journal of Surgery, Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery, and has pending work with The Annals of Thoracic Surgery and has co-authored two book chapters.
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital - Clinton Township
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital