Board Certification and Education
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- University of Illinois College of Medicine, IL, 1990
- Loyola University Health System, Internal Medicine, IL, 1993
- Loyola University Health System, Internal Medicine, IL, 1991
- Indiana University Medical Center, Cardiac Electrophysiology, IN, 1998
- Indiana University Medical Center, Cardiovascular Disease, IN, 1997
I am a physician with more than 20 years of experience and am board certified in both cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology. Cardiology is the branch of medicine focusing on diseases and abnormalities of the heart. Cardiac electrophysiology deals with the electrical activity of the heart, including irregular heart rhythm (dysrhythmia).
Among my areas of clinical interest are heart disease prevention, congestive heart failure, and the treatment of dysrhythmia with radiofrequency ablation (a procedure that uses radiofrequency energy – similar to microwave heat) to destroy a tiny area of heart tissue that is causing rapid and irregular heartbeats.
The cornerstone of health care should be complete collaboration between the health care provider and the patient, with clearly understood and agreed upon goals.
- Medical Director of Electrophysiology
I have participated in multiple national trials examining new technologies in the treatment of congestive heart failure and sudden cardiac death. These studies have been instrumental in changing and evolving therapies. With the advent of these new technologies and indications, I was also involved in quality initiatives and investigations regarding their use and application.
Videos and Articles