Medical Home for Children
Henry Ford Pediatrics provides a Medical Home for Children to support families with children facing chronic diseases such as diabetes or developmental and physical disabilities. A Medical Home is not a building. It is a way to provide high-quality, family-centered care to promote good health, care for minor illnesses and manage chronic conditions.
- Identify children who may be at risk of a chronic disease such as asthma and diabetes, and provide ongoing medical management to prevent any complications.
- Identify children with developmental disabilities, and provide ongoing medical management to prevent secondary medical conditions.
- Promote healthy lifestyles for children with disabilities.
What to expect from the Medical Home for Children
At Henry Ford’s Medical Home, we work with you to identify and help you access medical and non-medical services needed by your child. You can expect:
- A partnership between your family and your pediatrician to help your child reach his or her potential.
- Connections to support services and resources to meet the needs of your child and your family.
- Your child’s pediatrician to work together with all other care providers involved in your child’s care.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (313) 916-1985.