From diagnosis to treatment and beyond, learn more about our Cancer Support Services.Watch our Video
Life Plan During Breast Cancer Treatment
We'll help you navigate life's challenges during your care.
We know breast cancer isn’t your only concern. During this difficult stage of life, you still have important responsibilities. You may need help during this time to take care of your:
Your nurse navigator is a valuable resource to help you fulfill these and other responsibilities during your breast cancer treatment. The nurse navigator is a registered nurse and cancer expert who is here to help guide you to resources and overcome obstacles to your care.
Talk to your nurse navigator about your family, work or self-care concerns. He or she can refer you to one of our experienced social workers, who can provide counseling and other services to reduce stress for you and your loved ones during your treatment and beyond. Your social worker can help you:
- Apply for leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) if available from your employer
- Arrange resources for in-home assistance with housework, medical care and other needs
- Cope with emotions you may experience during cancer care, such as anger, fear, sadness and worry
- Learn how to talk to your loved ones about the challenges and concerns you have relating to your breast cancer care
- Locate and apply for programs that offer financial help for your breast cancer treatment
- Understand your insurance coverage, disability benefits and Social Security benefits and how to apply for them
We also can connect you with valuable resources to help you manage the stresses and challenges of your treatment and care, from support groups to targeted treatments, such as nutrition, exercise and complementary therapies, that meet your unique needs during your breast cancer care and beyond. Learn more about our support services.
You are not alone on your journey with breast cancer. Our team of dedicated, caring breast cancer experts will be by your side every step of the way.